You have to register a CIBC bank card before you can use it for the first time. The registration process is really easy, and once you do it, you can use all the features. For instance, the Interac Flash service is great if you don’t want to put your card into the machine to pay.
So, in this piece, we’ll talk about what you need to do to get your CIBC bank card working.
How to quickly set up your CIBC debit card
Follow these steps to start using your CIBC bank card:
- Find a CIBC ATM and put the card in it. Here is where you can use their ATM location.
- Then, on the screen, choose PIN Options, and then choose ATM PIN.
- Just follow the instructions and take out the card.
So, that’s all! In just a few minutes, you’ll be able to use your new card.
How to start using a new CIBC card
If you need a new card, the steps are a little bit different.
- Once you put it in the ATM, you will have to choose Other Services/More.
- Find the Change PIN Options and do what it says.
- Read How to Replace Your CIBC Debit Card if you don’t know how to get a new in the first place.
On the other hand, you should activate your present bank card at least three months before it expires. If you don’t do this before your card runs out, CIBC won’t give you a new one.
Use CIBC Interac Flash with your debit card right now.
While you are getting your new CIBC Advantage Debit Card and setting it up, you could also set up the Interac Flash option. You can pay for small things without putting a card in the slot. This wireless service is very safe and only takes a few seconds to use.
Even if you don’t notice it at first, this feature will turn on immediately after you use your PIN at a store terminal. Interac Flash will still work even if you get a new card in the future.
But if you want to turn it off, you have to go to your local CIBC store or call 1 800 465-CIBC (2422).