Customers who create a savings account with Punjab National Bank are given a free credit card. Customers can use this credit card to transact at POS (Point of Sale) terminals or online.
How to Block PNB Credit Card
While using a credit card to make purchases online or in physical places is usually safe and secure, it’s essential to take precautions to safeguard your credit card information and prevent it from being stolen or obtained by internet fraudsters. In case you lose your PNB credit card or discover someone else has been using it without your authorization, you can choose to block your card to prevent further misuse.
Credit Card Block for PNB
Customers of Punjab National Bank should get their credit card blocked as soon as possible if they ever misplace it, have it stolen, or think that a fraudster is taking money from their account.
There are three ways for a user of Punjab National Bank to block their credit card: by SMS, online banking, or by phoning the customer service department of Punjab National Bank.
Via Net Banking, block the card.
- Open your PNB Net Banking account and log in.
- Choose ‘ATM/Debit Card Hotlisting’ under ‘Value Added Service’ from the menu.
- Select your ‘Account Number’ from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting “Continue,” the card associated with the designated account will be shown.
- Decide on a card number. You can manually input the card number in the field next to “Card Number” if it is not shown.
- Type your IBS Transaction Password and click “Submit.”
A confirmation message will appear when the card is successfully hotlisted.
Through a mobile app, blocking the credit card
Below are the instructions for securing the card using the app:
- Utilizing your login information, access the PNB One App.
- Select the Credit Card option, and then on the following page, select the “Hotlist Credit Card” option.
- Choose the account number from the drop-down menu corresponding to the card to be added to the hotlist.
- After finishing, press ‘Continue’.
- The card associated with the chosen account will be presented; then, select the proper card number.
- Type in the transaction password, then chooses “Continue”.
A credit card cannot be de-hotlisted after it has been added to a hotlist, which is crucial to know.
Via Customer Care, block the credit card.
- You may also ban or add your credit card to a hotlist by calling PNB’s credit card customer service line.
- The card can be stopped by phoning the bank’s call centre at 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222, or by calling the paid hotline at 0120-2490000, both available around the clock.
- The aforementioned toll-free numbers are also integrated with the IVRS module. You can use your registered mobile number to SMS 5607040 using the format HOT>space>Card Number, for example, HOT 5545620002358767.
Offline blocking of the credit card
You may also ban your credit card by visiting the nearest Punjab National Bank location. You must have your credit card information on hand in addition to the necessary identification documents. You will receive assistance from a bank professional during the blocking of the card procedure.
These are a few methods to ban or add your credit card to a hotlist if stolen or lost. You must report your lost or stolen credit card to stop fraudulent behavior.